PREPARING FOR THE JADE SPRING MEETING 2014
In only 15 days, some of our Westminster Business Consultants (WBC) Consultants will be embarking on a trip of a lifetime! Our eager and talented consultants will be attend the JADE Spring Meeting 2014, in Brussels, from 6th – 9th of March 2014.
In recent JADE news, approximately 63% of consultants attending this year’s conference for the first time. This begs the question: How do I prepare for such an event?
There are many essential factors that need to be considered. This blog post will help new consultants better prepare for the JADE Spring Meeting 2014!
- Plan Your Itinerary According To The Conference Agenda
According to Mr Benjamin Franklin, “A failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.” Before you embark on this journey, ensure that you have your schedule ready, flight tickets and times, hotel accommodations and leisure trips sorted (sight-seeing, and so on).
- Research in Advance
Research potential JADE Partners and special guests that will be attending. This will help with networking opportunities for your Juniour Enterprise (JE) and possibly, job opportunities for yourself. Do not forget your business cards in order to make business connections! Also, learn about the place that you will be visiting, and their customs. This can be helpful with starting stimulating conversations with participants, and allow you to stand-out and make a great impression.
- Pack Light & Smart
Pack appropriately according to the agenda and conference guidelines. Possible articles of clothing may consist of:
- FOR MEN
- Travel in full business attire to reduce packing, i.e. business suit & dress shoes
- Formal Suit for Gala Dinner – can be interchangeable
- Two Dress Shirts, 3 Ties for each day
- Casual Wear – Two Shirts & Jeans
- FOR WOMEN
- Travel in full business attire to reduce packing, i.e. business suit & comfortable flats/ court shoes
- Formal Dress / Suit for Gala Dinner
- Two Blouses / Cardigans / Blazers – interchangeable pieces
- Casual Wear – Jeans & T-shirt
- Travelling Day Essentials
- Leave unnecessary personal belongings, such as keys or library cards that could be lost or stolen.
- Wear a comfortable business suit for travel and carry travel size toiletries to save space.
- Pack a briefcase that can be used to carry your laptop, stationery, business cards, camera and necessary medication.
Finally, enjoy the experience and attend as many workshops as possible! This is the best opportunity to learn as much as you can about JADE, other JE’s and their affiliates.
NETWORK, STAND-OUT & KEEP LEARNING WBC!
By: Melissa Malanda
WBC Senior Business Consultant